Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday of 2nd Week











Yesterday we went on a field trip to the Bell tower, Drum tower, and Moslem street. It was all really great. Moslem street had lots of cheap gifty things, and we had lunch on thast street, whcih was dumplings. Also I've noticed that people here drink more soda here than water. It seems that at every meal we're given sprite or coke instead of water. But anyway, the Bell tower was my favorite because you could go to the top platfrom and look down at the streets. And at the Drum tower they had a drum show where about 6 guys played different drums it was fascinating.
After we saw the towers we could go shopping. Well I've discovered the palce where I'm def going back on Sunday, because this place has so many shops. There's two HUGE malls and by huge I mean 8 floors. Then there's the street, whcih has many good shops. And the road is long, so there's everything you'd need to buy there.
Today we went to school, and it was the same as I've been describing. In P.E class we learned tai chi whcih was fun but slow. Then we went to another English class, had lunch, made chinese friends in the cafeteria with Anna, and then we invited those friends to go shopping with us. We didn't go to very many stores becasue there aren't many good stores around the school, but we went to this AMAZING bakery where they had beautiful cakes and there was a baker decorating a cake and he was doing it perfectly. It made me want to be a professional cake decorator when I grow up because it looked so fun!
After lunch we had chinese class where we learned about the moon festival and the New Years festival. Did you know that at the moon festival yhou're supposed to look at the full moon and miss your family and friends if you're not with them? That;s because it's a reunion festival where you try to be with all your family and friends and if you're not, you look at the moon and miss them.
After chinese I went to Biology class with a chinese class. It was really boring though because I don't know chinese.
Then we went to technology where we made airplanes. After we made them we got to fly them it was really fun.
Overall I've had a good two days. Tomorrow we're climbing a mountain I'm excited but don't know what to expect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Also I've noticed that people here drink more soda here than water. It seems that at every meal we're given sprite or coke instead of water."

Probably only because you are guests, and they want to treat you well!

"It made me want to be a professional cake decorator when I grow up because it looked so fun!"

Fine with me!

"That;s because it's a reunion festival where you try to be with all your family and friends and if you're not, you look at the moon and miss them."

I'm sorry you're missing me so much!

"Tomorrow we're climbing a mountain I'm excited but don't know what to expect."

Just don't fall face-first into a ditch! He he he...