Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2 Day Trip







I won't write much because I'm exhausted but I'll let you know what I did for the past days and then I'll write about it later in more detail. Yesterday we rode on a bus for 6 hours to northern Shaanxi province. We saw the sacred tomb of the first emperor in China, and the Communist center of the revolution in the 1940s.
The area was so beautiful although the city was like Xian. But all around were mountains and the way people lived was interesting. They were all so poor and in the mountains their houses were caves carved into the mountains, like little hobbits.
We stayed at a hotel that's pretty much like American hotels. There were 2 single beds that were harder than American hotels, and the shower had the worst case of mildew that I've ever seen. But the room was very comfy to sleep in and it was a good experience.
Today we drove through many mountains and then we saw the yellow river!!! And a waterfall on the yellow river. It was sooo cool cause I've always heard of the yellow river in history class but actually getting to see it was awesome. I'll put up pictures later when I'm not about to fall asleep. Then we drove for i think 8 hours to end up back in xian at 8 30. Overall the trip was fun but the driving time was miserable.
And I forgot to mention how we stopped in the middle of nowhere near as village cause our bus drivewr was carsick and it was so cool to see a real village filled with poverty where the people depended on selling apples and pears to survive. And the pears were really good too, they're crunchy over here where in America they're soft.
Alright I'm gonna go fall asleep now. Tomorrow I'm going to Lisa's hometown which I think is an hour away.

No comments: