Monday, September 15, 2008

KTV and dead fish







So today we had the day off. It was nice I slept in till 8 15 which is a record for me since i usually wake up at 6 here. I think its cause im on the side where the sun shines right through the window and the blinds don't do much to help keep it out.
I got to go to the supermarket today it was....interesting. The first part was good cause we got to buy pastries. And then we went to the fruit area and loked at the fruit. I saw a new fruit that was spiky on the outside and smelly. I wanna call it durian idk why. And i saw watermelon and wanted one but it was too expensive. But it's all good now cause Lisa's Dad got 3 watermelons from a roadstand. And i ate an orange for the first time in a while. The scary part was when we went to the seafood section. They had an aquarium with fish swimming around, and then in little water cages they had turtles, frogs, and water snakes maybe eels who knows. It was realy scary when i first looked cause i got my head up really close and then the snake sort of jumped- and the cage had no top. I really dont want to know who would eat frog or turtle, but i saw them kill the turtle. Then Lisa's mom asked me if I liked fish and I said yes. Bad choice- the next thing I know I see them fetching a live fish out of the aquarium and chopping its head of to kill it. Well that didn't work cause the fish was still squirming(this was a big fish by the way) and so they had to make another cut to finally kill it. Well they gave the fish to Lisa's mom in a bag fool of blood and fish. I don't think I'm going to be able to eat it after that memory. But hey, at least i know it's fresh. So then we went home and I met a cousin of Lisa's who is 19. When I asked Lisa who she was she didn't even know because she said she had so many relatives on her dad's side that she hadn't even met them all. I guess this was before the one child policy......
Then we went to KTV. We got ushered into a dark room about the size of a normal bedroom. There was a big tv and comfy seats. We began singing karaoke songs, which was fun only it lasted for 4 hours which in my opinion is a little too long. There were lots of chinese songs, slow and fast. It was great when the boys would try to sing a chinese rap song, it was so funny. AS for the American songs. they had alot of Avril Lavigne, One Republic, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, and more. There was my heart will go on from the titanic too, and a bunch of other random songs. Overall KtV was fun, and very long. It would be fun to have them in America.
So when we came home we had dinner which was these exotic noodles that smelled funky.
So I just went and tried the watermelon and it was yellow! It was pretty exciting. It was really good and we had a sour clementine too. Like really really sour.
So I better go and get some reading done....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're learning some essential skills over there like fish butchering! I'll have to take you fishing when you get back...