Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Sunday fieldtrip.

I used to LOVE rainy days. But ever since its been raining for the past 4 days here I'm not so sure anymore. There's puddles everywhere, and we're usually out in the cold rain.
Today we went to Moslem street again to do some more shopping. We had an hour to find whatever we wanted (Kurt I found some knockoff Ipods just for you)
After that we went to McDonalds for lunch, which is pretty similar to the McDonalds we have in America. The french fries tasted really good since i havent had any in a month.
After lunch we were all tires and cold but some wanted to do more shopping. Some stayed in a nearby starbucks while some of us went to another street which mainly had jade, art, and paintbrushes. It was pretty cool because there were som many winding streets and allies that it was so easy to get lost. I met a tea shopkeeper telling me how she and her family were just talking about foreigners, and then Cass and I walked in. She said that Xian is a magical city and she found it ironic.
After we spent time shopping there we went back to starbucks to find everyone else. I've never loved a starbucks so much as i did today. It was warm, dry, and it smelled delicious. I got a cinnamon roll which cost 12 yuan, or 2 bucks. I guess today was western restaurant day or something. We should have wrapped it all up by going to the haagen daaz store.
After that some of us went back to the school while others went to a bookstore. I chose to go back to the school since I can't read chinese anyway, although I guess having one book in Chinese would be fun to have to look at while learning Chinese.
We spent 2 hours doing hw/playing solitaire on the computer and then our host students came to take us home.
So now here I am all dry and warm and happy. Tomorrow we're embarking on a 2 day trip to Northern Shanxii province. Apparently the ride is 6 hours so I'm not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does the magic work in reverse? I'm going to try talking about Chinese people and see if anything happens... : )