Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5th







Today I slept in and learned some chinese. Then at 4 My mom and I went out shopping with an uncle. It was an hour drive and we were still in downtown Xian. I got some legwarmers, a scarf, and a sweater. I had funlooking at all the street food too. They have all kinds of things for sale, and theres little one person stand selling one type of food like hotdogs, noodles, tofu, cantaloupe on a stick, and these mountain berry things that are like crabapples and grapes coated in sugar on a stick.



Also I got to see what a Chinese hospital looks like. I was told it was the best one in Shaanxi province. We went in to the front and it looked kind of bland, with many floors.



Right when we were about to go to the bus station, my mom saw a flower stand and all of a sudden had an urge to buy me flowers. I told her there was no need but she wouldn't listen to me. So, I was given a huge bouqet of flowers to haul around Xian and the bus. It was funny watching people's faces as I carried a big bouget of flowers. Later LIsa told me that my mom wanted to make up for not getting me flowers the first night. I thought that was really cute.



Today was a really fun day. Tomorrow ends my national day holiday and I go to school. After school some of the American students and our hosts are going out to get Peking duck. We're going to wear our new Chinese dresses. I'm pretty excited.

No comments: